Chip card technology
RCB Bank replaced all debit cards with cards that have EMV chip technology! The new cards provide enhanced security and greater fraud protection. Every time you make a purchase at a chip-activated terminal, a unique code is generated. This prevents stolen data from being used fraudulently. The unique code helps eliminate fraudsters creating fake debit cards to use at retailers.
To help stop fraudsters in their tracks our fraud department is always looking for suspicious card activity. If we suspect fraud is occurring we will contact you immediately. If there are concerns about your account, our fraud department may be reached by calling 1-877-361-0814.
Fraud department customer support hours (excluding bank holidays):
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am-8:00pm
How to deactivate your card
Deactivate your card anytime by using our automated telephone system.
• 918.343.2265 Claremore
• 580.767.7777 Ponca City
• 918.825.5566 Pryor
• 405.842.4129 Oklahoma City
• 877.812.4663 Toll Free & Kansas
Press "3" at the main menu for this option.
- Select a unique PIN that is not easy to guess, such as a birthday, address or year.
- Never share or write down your PIN number. If you forget your PIN, you can reset it at any RCB Bank location.
- Sign the back of your debit card with permanent ink.
- If you receive a replacement debit card, be sure to destroy your old card.
- Unless you initiated the phone call, never provide your card number over the phone.
- Never provide your debit card number in an email.
- Shop safe online. A lock icon in the address bar of the website indicates the website is secure. The address bar will also be displayed green. Always log off from a website and close your browser after making purchases.
- Sign up for text alerts to receive notifications of transactions*.
- Use our mobile banking app to monitor your account, on the go.
- Review your bank statements regularly to make sure no suspicious activity is happening with your account.
- If you lose your card or it is stolen, report it to RCB bank immediately at 1-877-361-0814.
Let us know when you are traveling
If you are traveling out-of-state or internationally, it is important you notify us so we can provide continued usage of your card. If you are planning to travel, please call 1-877-361-0814 prior to your departure.
Safe ATM tips
- Always pay close attention to your surroundings. Don't select an ATM at the corner of a building -- corners create a blind spot. Use an ATM located near the center of a building. Do your automated banking in a public, well-lit location that is free of shrubbery and decorative partitions or dividers.
- Be wary of people trying to help you at the ATM. Hit the “cancel” button and leave if a person makes you feel threatened. Be aware of anyone sitting in a parked car nearby. When leaving the ATM make sure you are not being followed. If you are, go immediately to a police/fire station, or to a crowded, well-lit location or business.
- Don’t use an ATM that appears unusual, tampered with or offers options which you are not familiar or comfortable with.
- Don’t allow people to look over your shoulder as you enter your PIN, even if the people are known to you. Memorize your PIN; never write it on the back of your card.
- If you are on foot, turn your back towards the machine while waiting for cash and take a quick look around before removing it.
- Never count cash at the machine or in public. Wait until you are in your car or another secure place.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your engine running, your doors locked and leave enough room to maneuver between your car and the one ahead of you in the drive-thru line.
- Closely monitor your statements, as well as your balances, and immediately report any problems to us.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY.
*Message, data rates and fees apply.
Proactive steps to protect your money
- Please respond immediately to requests for confirmation of suspicious attempts or transactions.
- Be aware of ATM skimmers, gas pump skimmers and other related fraud devices.
- Please keep the bank updated on current contact information.
- Notify the bank of any upcoming travel, whether foreign or domestic.
- Make certain you know your PIN.
- Always carry an alternative method of payment for you.
- Never share your PIN with anyone.
- Monitor your account activity often.
- RCB Bank offers pre-paid VISA cards as an alternative payment method.
- RCB Bank Debit Cards list the Fraud hotline number on the back of the card: 1-877-361-0814.
- RCB Bank after hours number is 918-261-5648.
Please note that ALL embargoed OFAC countries are blocked. To see a current listing of blocked OFAC countries, please visit the U.S. Department of the Treasury site.
*Message, data rates and fee apply.
Scams in all Shapes and Sizes
By Christy Wild, RCB Bank Security Officer Many of us, in fact, more than 30 million Americans annually, admit to being duped by some scam or another. If we are lucky the loss is minimal and we change our response to door-to-door salesman or phone solicitors. Some of us are not so luc...read more »
A word of caution about fraud
By D. Meyer, RCB Bank Fraud Department I cannot stress enough the importance of using caution when it comes to using the internet, checking your emails and answering phone calls. Criminals are savvy con artists who steal billions of dollars from people each year. Fraudsters are maste...read more »
How to spot identity theft and respond
March 2-8 is National Consumer Protection Week. By Christy Wild, RCB Bank AVP Security Officer Americans fall victim to identity theft every two seconds, according to the 2014 Identity Fraud Study released by Javelin Strategy & Research. People of all ages, race and socio-economi...read more »
Be Aware: Fraudsters in full force this tax season.
You receive an email from what appears to be the IRS, warning you that your tax return is unable to be processed due to errors. In order to avoid a tax penalty or possible legal action, you are instructed to provide some information immediately – click the link to get started. Do y...read more »