Due to the recent economic recession, the funding for the Catoosa public library has been significantly cut. This means that the library is unable to purchase books for some areas of the library that drastically need improvement.
The library is asking for help from the community. They are looking for donations of books and movies in the following areas: Large-Print Books, Spanish Language Books, Children’s Books, Books on CD, and DVDs.
If you are able to help, take your new or gently-used donation to RCB Bank in Catoosa.
Did you know ...
• Out of the almost 8,000 Catoosa residents, 5,000 have library cards.
• Last year, 14,000 people used the Catoosa library.
• The library had 1700 children attend programs last year.
• The citizens of Catoosa donated $7,230.94 worth of material last year.
• Americans go to school, public and academic libraries nearly three times more often than they go to the movies.
• In Texas, 90 percent of households agreed that during economic hard times, public libraries provide important resources to families and job seekers.
• Americans spend more than twice as much on candy as they do on public libraries.