Personal Online Security
At RCB Bank, we know high-level security isn't just important, it's crucial. That's why we employ an online system that protects each of your online transactions, keeping them confidential and safe. In partnering with Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of various banking technologies, we provide the most advanced capabilities available in Internet banking.
NetTeller security is among the most advanced online security systems and features multiple levels of security. All sensitive information is encrypted and users require a personal ID and password for online access.
Aside from security measures already mentioned, government regulators oversee all of our banking operations, including online banking, and regularly audit our operations to ensure we comply with the law and best business practices. Plus, we employ internal bank controls to ensure optimum security for your Internet banking.
SSL and Firewalls
Online Banking is accessed through a Secure Socket Layer (or SSL), meaning all data transmitted to or from the bank's computer systems is encrypted and your money and privacy are protected. Several firewalls exist to prevent unauthorized access to the system and ensure your information is accessible only with an Internet Banking ID and PIN.
Secure Access Through Verified User Logon
User IDs and Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) identify you as a unique customer to our system. When you first sign up, you're assigned a 12-digit User ID and 4-digit PIN. Then, after signing on the first time, you're prompted to create a new PIN that must be between six and ten characters in length and can be any alphanumeric combination.
PIN Lockout Due To Unauthorized Access
In effort to restrict unauthorized individuals, we have created an account lockout policy. If an invalid PIN is entered three consecutive times, the account is locked; you must contact a customer service representative to reset your PIN. To further protect your account, attempts at PIN "guessing" are also analyzed and reported.
If you are signed on to our system but conduct no activity, you will be automatically logged off after ten minutes. To re-access your account, simply sign back in.
We do not solicit any account information through email. If you receive an email from someone who claims to be a bank representative and requests confidential information, do not respond. Contact RCB to report any solicitation of this kind.
Your Role in Security
- Choose a good password! Your password should be hard to guess and should not be found in the dictionary.
- Memorize your password! The best password is useless if it can be found written.
- Don't share your online banking password. Your password is designed to protect your banking information, but will only work if you keep it to yourself. If you think your password has been compromised, change it immediately and contact the Bank.
- Change your password as often as you wish. (We recommend doing so every 90 days)
- Don't leave your computer unattended during a NetTeller session. Click "EXIT" to end your session and always sign off once you've completed your online banking.
- If anyone else has access to your computer, clear your browser's cache to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on your hard drive.
- Avoid using public Internet access terminals when conducting online banking.
While we continue to do everything possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control.